12 Factors You Should Consider When Choosing Add Ons For MYOB And Xero
The world of Accounting software and Add Ons is growing and developing rapidly. And businesses are enthusiastically entering this world.
Add Ons are allowing businesses to automate and streamline their processes, as the add-ons provide the specialisations that accounting software don’t.
There is a huge range of Add Ons that provide for many different business specialisations – such as webstores, staff rostering, staff time capture, complex inventory management, Point of Sale, job and project tracking, manufacturing, remote sales, management of rentals, property management and many many more.
BUT there are many traps for businesses when it comes to choosing the right software solutions.
- What sort of factors should you consider when selecting your MYOB or Xero Add On?
- Will the software you choose give you the functionality that your business requires?
- Is the software going to be easy to use?
- Is the software going to be easy to implement?
- Will the software you choose grow with your business?
- How much will it cost and are you getting the best value for your money?
- How sound is the provider of the Add On – is the business likely to continue?
- If you are using more than one Add On, are all the programs able to integrate easily?
- What sort of support is available? Website, phone, on-site, 24×7? And how responsive is the support?
- If it is cloud based, what happens if the internet isn’t available?
- If it is cloud based, where is the data hosted? How safe is your data?
- What happens if you decide not to continue to use the Add On? Are you able to access your data?
- Is the software customisable for your business needs?
- Are there any hardware considerations?
Business owners are generally not experts in assessing and selecting software. And choosing the wrong software is a very expensive mistake in time and dollars.
P.S. We provide a service where we will assess your business requirements and provide a report on the best options for your business, with a review of the add ons that we believe would best suit you.
Contact us for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org